In light of the forecast of freezing rain, the Urban Ecology Center and Friends of Hank Aaron State Trail are modifying plans for the event to keep everyone safe, warm, and to ensure we all still have a GREAT time! ALL outdoor activities will be moved indoors to Urban Ecology Center, Escuela Verde Milwaukee, and Velobahn Coffee & Cycle (All located on West Pierce St. between 36th and 37th St).
FREE FOR EVERYONE:
• 6pm guided “Hard Core Hike”. Bring your ponchos, boots, strap-on ice cleats, and can-do spirit! We’ll hike unless it's unsafe due to thunderstorms. Hike leaves from Urban Ecology Center.
• Weather permitting, we will still light a shorter hiking loop in Three Bridges Park.
• Roaring campfire on the Urban Ecology Center Back Patio (weather permitting)
• 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm: Stop by the REI Winter Camp Lounge located at Escuela Verde! Learn expert tips on getting outside in winter; everything from layers to keep you warm, enjoying winter hiking & snowshoeing, and more!
• Rishi Tea tasting at Velobahn
• 8-10:30 pm: After Party hosted by NEWaukee at Third Space Brewing!
• Candlelight labyrinth at Escuela Verde
• Board games at both Velobahn and Escuela Verde
• Winter crafts at the Urban Ecology Center and Face painting at Escuela Verde
Buy a FUN PASS and Get COOL Extras: http://igfn.us/f/23p3/n!
• Hot chocolate and pastries at the Urban Ecology Center (while supplies last)! Bring your thermos to be green (or to save on waste)
• Marshmallow roasting and s’mores at the Friends of Hank Aaron State Trail campfire at Urban Ecology Center's back patio
• Entry for great door prizes including a $100 gift card from Wheel & Sprocket, gift baskets from Rishi Tea and Velobahn, REI Co-op Flash 22 Backpack & Flexlite chair, and a gift package donated by Yellow Wood that includes a pair of Blundstone boots and a 32oz Yeti bottle!
• Buy One Get One (BOGO) beer at the Third Space Brewing from 4:30 -10:30pm! (for those over 21)
Fun Pass is $10 and includes one adult and all kids under 12 attending with the adult.
Grab dinner at one of our food trucks, Meat on the Street or Jamaican Kitchen&Grill parked in front of the Urban Ecology Center!
Get your Girl Scout cookie fix at the Cookie Booth located at Velobahn!
Parking: Street parking will still be available along Pierce, 36th, 37th, 38th, and 39th Streets. You could also park along Canal Street near the Valley Passage bridge, or off-street in Ingeteam’s lot, and walk across the bridge to the activities. We will light this short segment of the trail to show you the way!
For all the cool extras, purchase your fun pass here!
ORIGINAL EVENT DESCRIPTION
Bundle up and experience an exciting winter adventure!
For the third year in a row, hardy northerners will cure their cabin fever at this winter Urban Candlelight Hike in Three Bridges Park.
FREE FOR EVERYONE:
Two miles of candlelit trails on the Hank Aaron State Trail - this event will take place with or without snow
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm: Wheel & Sprocket Fat Tire Bike demos
This is your chance to get on a fat tire bike! Wheel & Sprocket will have FREE fat tire bike demos on site to try and test. All ages and abilities are welcome to stop by and check one out. See why fat tire cyclists have more fun all year round!
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm: Stop by the REI Winter Camp Lounge
Learn expert tips on getting outside in winter; everything from layers to keep you warm, enjoying winter hiking & snowshoeing, and more!
Tea tasting at Velobahn Coffee & Cycle
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm: Food trucks to enjoy a variety of dinner options
8-10:30 pm: NEWaukee After Party at Third Space Brewing
Hot chocolate and pastries at the Urban Ecology Center (while supplies last)! Bring your thermos to save on waste and to take your cocoa on your hike.
Marshmallow roasting and s’mores at the FOHAST Fireside Plaza
Entry for great door prizes including $100 gift card from Wheel & Sprocket, gift baskets from Rishi Tea and Velobahn, REI Co-op Flash 22 Backpack, and an outdoor gear package donated by Yellow Wood.
Buy One Get One (BOGO) beer at the Third Space Brewing from 4:30 - 10:30pm! (for those over 21)*