Top

HARLEY-DAVIDSON MUSEUM®

In 2003, Menomonee Valley Partners (MVP) purchased the former Morton Salt facility at the southeast corner of Sixth and Canal Streets. The 3.8 acre brownfield was a gateway to the Valley, making it a priority site to redevelop. This site and three adjacent properties were sold to the Harley-Davidson Motor Company for the world’s only Harley-Davidson Museum®. MVP’s investments in this property were recouped when the property was sold.

 
Morton Salt on river.jpg
141754_RivetWall_credit H-D Museum (4).jpg

In 2006 Harley-Davidson unveiled designs and broke ground for the Harley-Davidson Museum. Opened in 2008, the 130,000-square-foot Museum development houses Harley-Davidson’s permanent collection, archives and temporary exhibits, as well as event space, gift shop, MOTOR® Bar and Restaurant, and the Can Room. This created 100 new jobs and an impressive gateway to the Valley. The 20-acre museum site is encircled by a riverwalk, a great complement to the Hank Aaron State Trail. History now roars to life at the Museum with 350,000 visitors annually from around the world.

Harley and the Loop_8.12 (19).jpg
 2004

2004

 2015

2015

 A depiction from 1879 of where the Harley-Davidson Museum sits today. The bridge to the left is about where 6th Street is today.

A depiction from 1879 of where the Harley-Davidson Museum sits today. The bridge to the left is about where 6th Street is today.

 Photo: Visit Milwaukee

Photo: Visit Milwaukee